For most students, studying is a pain and takes up so much hours of the day. But what if there is an opportunity to learn without studying? That would be the perfect thing. In this article called "How to Learn In Your Sleep," there was this experiment if people can "learn" in their sleep.
This personally reminds me of Brave New World, the book that Senior English students have to read. For those that do not know the book, it is basically about a utopian society where everyone is the same, and people are born into a certain class, creating a caste system. They are taught to think things based on their class and was taught through sleeplearning as a baby.

Anyways, back to the article of sleeplearning! As I said before, there was an experiment if people can actually "learn" in their sleep and apparently we can! It's just not that promient and diverse in how and what we learn. The experiment mainly dealt with only noises and odors :[, but it shows that we can learn in our sleep!
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=how-to-learn-in-your-sleep
Wow this article was really cool and the book you mentioned sounds really interesting. It would be awesome if we could just do this with school material.
ReplyDeleteyou can learn school material in your sleep. If you review something rigorously for a significant amount of time right before bed, your mind will continue to review it as you sleep. That's why studying closer to bedtime will increase your retention.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree, this would totally be the best discovery ever! I wouldn't have to pour over boring textbooks anymore haha. I agree with Conner, sleeping does increase retention rate as long as you study rigorously right before bedtime. Hopefully this technique will be refined in the future and be able to help sleep-deprived students across the world!
ReplyDeletedude i would love to learn in my sleep. i would be alot smarter because i sleep alot.
ReplyDeleteIt would be so awesome if we could learn in our sleep! I would so much smarter and still get enough sleep!
ReplyDeleteWow i want to learn in my sleep, lol. I'd learn so much more than what I do now, because i sleep so much on the weekends.
ReplyDeleteI would just sleep all day then.But its sounds too good to be true somehow.
ReplyDeletenow i am going to not study anymore and just sleep thanks
ReplyDeleteDARN!!!! If only I could learn the difficult subjects that way. Like essay writing and mathmatical number sense. but alas... I must do it the old fashioned way. Time to hit the books.
ReplyDeleteI actually wrote about this article and it would be amazing if this kinda of stuff worked. Hard to believe though.
ReplyDeleteIt would be so cool if we could just learn by sleeping. Haha maybe I'll mention this when I fall asleep in class! XD
ReplyDeleteHahaha even before you mentioned Brave New World this is Exactly what I thought of! Hypnopaedia is what it's called :p super sketch, but I think THIS concept isn't, because you're actually learning useful things, not being brainwashed into believing a certain way that reflects the ideals your (society) class has to believe. How interesting!
ReplyDelete